Friday, June 19, 2009

Saucony Passion Run 2009 - 10Km


2nd 1oKm Run of the year - Saucony Passion Run, also the 2nd 10K run I am running this year. Hope to better my run-time but haven't been training to run this distance for sometime since the last run in Mar-09, call me lack of self-discipline....lol
Was there early as my "chicken" friend want to do bag deposit...so we reached there at about 6.35am. The sky is just getting brighter....though my IXUS can't get the juice out of this photo
Lot of "early Bird" are already there, mostly at the bag deposit area as well as the Toilet area....it was pack with lines of people...all trying to have their last business and "pee" before the 1hr+ run.


The Organiser are still waiting at the entrance and the car-park area trying to "certified" people whether they are feeling well. I thought that was a good move with all the recent H1N1 news getting around. I got my "Certify Fit" sticker though...(feeling really sleepy as always before an early morning run)

The run started at about 7.45am, about 15mins earlier than last year....started out quite all right...but towards the end was really really tired...(probably due to the heat and the tummy problem)....started walking a little....(by then, I know I am a goner to be able to better my Mar-09 timing of 64mins)

The route this time was bit different, they shorten the run actually, as I know last year distance was 11.5km. This year, they stated that the Actual distance is 10.4km. The u-turn at the starting leg(5km mark) was shorter...Last year we went till almost toward fort road, but the extended the return leg to slightly further than Bedok Jetty...(That where my problem starting to occurs.....tired....tummy)

Though I failed to do better than my Mar Timing, it was about the same as last year timing(11.5K) - 69mins. Age is starting to catch up with me....which I am determine not to let "it" do so...A nice after-run photos to end an enjoyable race which I definitely be back next year - 2010, hopefully with friends to run as well....
Headed to Changi-Airport for breakfast @ Yakun, what a place to be when I smell so bad...but who cares though.
Lucky there wasn't alot of people there so early in the morning. Look at the background, u would know....
This year Running tee, was also of a bright-color, Last year, their Single Tee was a Bright-yellow, This year it was RED. I wonder in 2010, is it going to be "Green" or "Blue". I hope it blue...
Organiser did a much better job this year, more road marshall, water point with 100plus(last year, not all have this drink), the distance was also more acceptable compare to last year 11.5Km
They also give us a sling bag, though bit "odd" colour. But it come in handy consider I didn't bring any bag to the run. Just enough to put my Ipod, key-bag in and camera in.


I realise that this year running medal aka Key-chain, was a bit smaller than last year ones, is this cost saving?

No comments: