Thursday, December 24, 2009

My PB : Standard Chartered Marathon

It's my 2nd time running a marathon and this time round, I am much better prepared. Having been running quite a bit, though I would have hope to have train more...since....the maximum distance I clock was only about 15km but I am running more often this time round.....I expect to better my 6hr40+ timing I did in 2008. Though I am hoping for 6hr30min.
I didn't got my request to collect the race pack at the floating platform in Marina Bay, but that was ok, as I was out of town on that day. This year Official race pack collection day starts on 3rd till the 5th of Dec.
Last year, me and my colleagues actually drove here to collect the pack during Lunch time and the queue really surprises us....and I learnt my lesson, so I came down after work and was pleasant surprise by the turnout....Guess the Marina Bay Early collection helps
I am collecting a few packs on behalf of my colleague, luckily the queue was short and fast...I got everything done within 5mins inclusive of all the goodies collection on my way out of the hall..
Here is what in the pack. Was rather disappointed with this year offering...since like the Economy downturn affected Standard Chartered and NB. They shrink their offering to a sling bag..instead of a full-sized bag...(Consider how much this event cost...I think it not a good deal, Lucky, I only pay 30+ for the Full marathon...)
Manage to take a ride from my Cell Leader to the run and since they are also running the 42km Full Marathon, I thought it would be good motivation to start off together.....Looking at the crowd, it is no doubt this is the Running event of the year, if u only run 1 race a year, this should be the one...
Just the 3 of us....the rest came in at a later time....honestly, when this photo was taken, the starting bell have already rings....but there were way too many people and thus, we took our time....
Pace was good, and I thought I am performing really well, when I clock a 68mins for my 10kms points...but I got the toilet rush...when I entered in to ECP and wasted about 15mins queuing for the cubicle.....Caught up with my cell leader......at ECP.....Pace was still all right....when I u-turn from the 21km mark, I was still clocking a nice 2hr 50mins....my mind was telling me...I have a high chance of doing my personal Best..
Along the way, both my cell mates and leader really give me a good motivation to contining running and catch-up...and also since my bag is in WH's car, it make me want to run faster just to not let WH wait too long for me...lol
I was at the 40km mark when this beautiful Singapore skyline appears...2 more Km to go...I already doing the Walk and run method here and my legs are super painful and look like it might be breaking very soon...
1 more Km to go....I blasted with all my strength here...and my good buddy at work is actually waiting for me at the end-point to take a photo-shot...
I manage to clock a PB of 6hr and 6mins....I make a 30+ min improvement.....Chicken Queen's timing was even more amazing....clocking in 5hr 28min.....its' feather must have help him achieve this....I decided to give this a miss since u need to make a booking and the waiting time is some 30mins....at least..
We Waited for everyone to be back.....alot of people are queuing for drinks....
Here is some of the photos taken by A Nikon SLR Camera...by my buddy at Work....it really very nice of him to stay behind till so late..to do this....I thought I look quite ok here..lol...still smiling at least..
I met up with him after the race...before going to Fitness first to clean-up and head home to sleep....feeling super warm...after the race...

Last by not least, I must say I really enjoy the run alot.... especially with my cell mates running along...really motivated me and make me feel that God really plan thing well ahead for you....everything fall-in so nicely on this day....I will definitely be back in 2010.....this time run to better the timing to bring it down below 6hrs....(Targeting a 5hr45min timing...but See how I perform in Sundown)...yes...I registered for this race already....

No comments: