Saturday, August 01, 2009

Mizuno Mount Faber Run 2009

3rd Run of the year, and also one which have a 100+ meters incline along the route as well. Yup..it's the Mizuno Mt Faber Run, 10Km.
Off to the site which is in the West early in the morning...need to be there early just for the bag deposit. As we are relatively early, there isn't much of a queue. FYI, I am again running with the "chicken" friend.
It was the first time running this event, the setup is at the residential area, aka HDB carpark area. These resident must have thought we are quite a nusiance as we make suck loud noice so early in the morning.
The Setup was also relatively simply...as can see from this finishing line setup. Usually they have digital display @ the Finishing line. The Previous run I attended, such as Passion and Sub-urban run all have Digital Display. So I thought, it was probably a cost saving effort?
Flag-off time of about 7.30am. As the time get nearer, more and more runners and their support start to arrive.
A photo-grab just before the run begin...This is the color of this year Running Tee....I have seen yellow, Orange....Let hope next year run is of a better color. Don really look too good(quite bad actually) in Green.
On your Mark, Get Set....go.....The line move slowly......
Part of the run involved running up Mt faber to the Cable Car Station and down. Overall, I kinda enjoy the run. The slope of Mt Faber is not that high actually. Lot of good scenery to enjoy along the way.

But I really hated those drivers for the lack of a sporting spirit. I don understand why they have to sound their horn when such a big group of runners are already packing up the streets, Though I know they are worried that they might knock off some of the runners, but a few minutes wait is not going to kill them right?

I suggest the organiser to close off part of the running route to those public Vehicle.
In fact, I actually did better than Passion run, considering the slope involved in this run compare to passion run which was on flat gound. Time : 1hr 08mins.
After the run, most of the runners are still around, think mainly waiting for their friend to arrive while finishing up their banana and mineral water. H2O was also distributed.
Headed for breakfast at the nearby hawker. From the looks of this... I got back all my calories I have burn-off during the run....how sad....what a waste!!

Next Run --> Army Half Marathon, 21Km.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok i have decided to get a pair of mizuno! got 30% from a friend!