Wednesday, September 09, 2009

2.47 was this year timing...Damn I getting Old...

I would like to think otherwise...a lack of long distance run training may have been the cause of this year poor timing...I was actually targeting a 2.30.
This is just the 2nd year I am running in this "Singapore Largest Running Event". Last Year timing was 2.37. It's also the first time I brought along a bag and have to deposit it @ the deposit area. The queue was quite long and I was running bit late..as I mis-judge the timing and met some traffic jam along the way into the Marina Bay area. By the time I make it to the starting point...most of the runner are already off...running
I was actually wondering how come there are so few people...am I really that late...most of them are still doing warm-up and walking slowly to the starting point. That when I realise I probably started quite late.
Was progressing quite smoothly....I thought I was running ok speed. but when I reach my u-turn @ ECP, I thought I did well. Then I saw the 10Km mark, and the timing = 1.12. I realise I will be late...
By the time I re-join with the 10km run group, I am dead tired. Feel like walking..but press on until the slope come along..near still road..
This year running route, remind me of 2008's Std Chartered Marathon. I was a very well plan route with lot of water point, Fruits, 100plus and motivational performance to cheer runners. I saw 1 guy motivating a complete stranger to press on....We even run along the route with this year F1 night race will be...by the time I reach here, I am kind of like 5km away from finishing point...and I am already walking....(better than last year as I last some 17Km non-stop)
3km from finishing point...running and walking....now...and the sun is out...lucky the organiser make the 21Km run starts @ 5.30am else it could be worst.
Less than 2Km to go.....I was actually thinking that we will sped toward the Esplande, but instead we went thr the starting point, making an u-turn towards the finishing point. I think this is slightly different from std Chartered Marathon. Last Year SBR, we came from the opposite side(shenton way area)
The sponsor are providing a massage for the runners, but there was a long queue. Free 100plus
And I must comment, that this year's Event Tee is much better than last year. The material is more cooling and more tight fitting.
This year run did not bring us to the barrage though
Nothing special with regard to the finisher medal. I added another 21Km Marathon, making it 2 now.
and I definitely be back for 2010 with target timing of 2.28. Let hope I find motivation to run long distance. ECP run is a must for the training. But running alone is bit boring at times...lol

No comments: