Friday, July 06, 2012

Devotion - Lack of Faith for God's Provision


11 The Lord said to Moses, 12 “I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lordyour God.’”
13 That evening quail came and covered the camp, and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. 14 When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor. 15 When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was.
Moses said to them, “It is the bread the Lord has given you to eat. 16 This is what the Lord has commanded: ‘Everyone is to gather as much as they need. Take an omer[a] for each person you have in your tent.’”
17 The Israelites did as they were told; some gathered much, some little. 18 And when they measured it by the omer, the one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. Everyone had gathered just as much as they needed.
19 Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.”
20 However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them.

This Chapter talks about God's Provision, Though the people complaint against God, God still provided for his people out of grace and compassion. I used to struggle at prayer life. I find it odd ward to pray and even pray for others as I was not good at words and my vocabulary is limited. I tried praying for others, and it turn out pretty short, find it so shortcoming, and started wonder if my Prayer for my fellow believers is shortchange. But some how, I make the step to start, it always start from me stepping out in faith to prayer because it is not with my power that my prayer works but it is God at work. I have a long way in my prayer life and I am making small little steps toward having a prayerful life.

About God answering my prayers. I do have doubt whether God will answer my prayers or not. As I still feel I am not obedient enough. Does God only Award an obedient believer? I realize I have a lack in faith in God, that is why I was disobedient, that is why I don see what God have done in my life. I often ask Dear, how come God choose to answer her request but I don have. She answered - She is more insecure and needed all these assurance. Do I really need less assurance? I realize that I didn't believe my prayers will come through, not until at work when God answered one of my complaint about a notebook and I actually got it without realizing it. Thank God for giving me this sign, I am not worth it, but now I know u are there for me.

Another worth mentioning part about this chapter is spritual food. It is our personal Responsibility to gather good according to our needs, we are to gather our own spritual food according to our needs. Else we will just remain standstill and when crisis comes, we will just fall away. Testimony and Sermon serve to compliment us on our journey toward a live with God in Control.

No comments: