Friday, June 13, 2008

My first 10km Event Run - Passion Run 2008

Did not really sleep early for the run though, was busy preparing for that day
  • getting all my sport attire ready
  • my number tag
  • my running chip (the timing stuff)
d
This is the "short Attire" aka singlet that come with the package. Not a really nice looking shirt though...Too bright...and i don usually wear such shirt for running.

My Lucky Tag no:4896. it 4 numbers....good for those want a good 4D number...

A few of my colleuges are running, we have Francis, PL and a collegues which i replace...jimmy running together. Took Francis's car to the location, East Coast Park. Got up really early at around 5.30am..took some milk and tag the ID chip on my shoes and is off I go


Flag off is at 7.30am...lot of people...i manage to get to the front and avoided the "lining up" to start the race...still smiling while running le

Am I suppose to turn here...I saw the finishing line on the opposite side....but the road marshal ask me to continue running toward the 15Km mark....was really exhausted already where is the finishing line....found out it is another 1.5km....total distance run 11.5Km...instead of 10Km...hiaz


My timnig : 1Hr 09mins.....I reach my 5km..at 34min...which is actually about the same time as what i did on the gym's treadmill....quite disappointed with the results though.

The only consolation is I run 11.5Km that why i took longer....making the calculation, i probably reach the actual 10k mark at arounf 1hr 2 or 3mins...

Aim to do better in 2009....Target...under 60mins...yeah...



This is the medal I got from the race...the most precisous of all...
Medal and Number Tag...
Was really tired after the race...went for breakfast after that....before setting off to work....yeah I got to work on sunday.....missing sunday church..hiaz...

No comments: