Thursday, June 19, 2008

Singapore Bay Run...Next Target 21Km

After running my first 10K run, I thought to myself, well, that wasn't as hard as I thought, though I didn't clock a fantastic timing, I am telling myself, why not better myself this year to do a 21K, twice of distance...


I registered for the Singapore Bay Run, aka Army Half Marathon, Competitive men's closed category

From the route...we will start running at the esplande bridge...run to fullerton hotel...toward Sheares bridge...toward East Coast Park, wow this look far..

After which, there a "U" turn at East Coast Park to run toward Marina East, Cross the Marina Barrage toward Marina South, return to fullerton hotel, toward the padang...the finishing pt...

Look forward to the run, where I can see how well...I perform this time round...I am targeting a timing of about 2hrs..30min....though...since I did only 1hr 9min for a 10km.

Thinking of how I can improve and train for this 21K run....I only have like 1 and half months to go and with work....getting busier by the days....it's going to be a challenge...

But what is life without challenges....

Need also to collect the race pack on the 15-17 Aug though

  • Event T-shirt
  • Number Tag
  • Championchip -- for timing records
  • Goodie bags..(not sure what is in it...probably some promotion stuff)
  • Lucky Draw Coupon

Check the web, last year fastest timing is 1hr16min...wow, that like my 10K timing....and my target.of 2hr 30min will put me at 950th place....that does not sound very achieving....Got to Train real hard...ha

No comments: