Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Balance Real Run - 10km


It was at Changi Exhibition hall, right at the end of the island....This was the run which I forgotten to collect my Bib, thus I have to travel all the way to the west just to get it....I was thinking to myself...where is the running Tee when I collected it @ Bukit Batok. A Kind lady told me that they hand-out the running tee only after u have completed the run.....How SMART!!

As the place was closed for the run, and I am rather unfamiliar with the place, I thought of trying my luck to get last minute tickets at the pick-up point @ Hougang Interchange....and man was I lucky....in fact, quite a number of people got their tickets here....save me some money as it only cost $5, compare to >$10 if I took a cab.
The pick-up bus was a little late.....and there are quite a number of us queuing for it.
The run is a little different from runs I had early this year, for once, the event was setup inside the "AIR-CONDITIONED" exhibition hall.
We deposited out bag @ the counter which cost me $1.
Took a snap-shot before the run....My weird friend quickly wonder off...doing his own private business....(He is usually moody in the morning...and always run away by itself, the super-blur photo is how his mood was like in the morning....)
The place of the run was rather new for me...as the race name states, New Balance is the Sporsor, and they have booth on site as well
The stage and the lucky draw box is placed here.
Long queue even though there are numerous toilet in the hall...
Goodies bag collection after the run, it was rather well organise...arrange in term of sizing.
Though the run will only start @ 7.30am...lot of the runners are already gathering @ the starting point...there is a warm-up session before the run though.
there were 2 categories of run, namely the 10km and 15km....find it weird that they start off the 10km run first...thought the 15km folks will need a longer time to complete?

As we reach there rather early, I got to walk around the site....exploring....
The run start on time @ 7.30am.
Race though some aircraft brand names along the way. This run is unique in a way as there are 3 kind of terrain to run on.
We have the trail run....coming up first after we exited the exhibition hall area..not sure how long this lasted, think about 4km according to the map.
Next up we exited the trail and started on a better running area, the road. It's a very straight road call Aviation park Road, this is the road that we came in from into Changi Exhibition Hall.
We next turn towards the beach for the 0.6km Sand run. It took about 1-2km more to reach the beach.
We need to navigate through the park before reaching the beach @ the 7km point
I thought this should be the toughest leg of the run, but I thought I can still manage...lol only that I didn't like the slope of the beach run though..
Best of all, I manage to regain my typical timing for the 10km @ 64mins.
Me after then run...still alive..lol
Proceed to collect the goodies bag with the NB Running Tee and also mineral water and banana for free...
Of course to pay a visit to our sponsor for a good leg massage....(lucky manage to find time for it)
It was a comfortable experience..lol
The Free Shuttle bus to Pasir Ris took a while to come.. we queue when there were just a few people in the line till the queue extended to a few round...Have a "Sinful" breakfast @ Superdog which IMO tasted super bad.....
Only the chocolate drink taste all right...and it's super expensive...@ $8...damn shitty.
I enjoy the race alot...I thought the running venue was much better than the Nike Run which was more or less a duplicate of the Passion Run and SCSM. This one goes to place one usually don really go. The Running Tee was great. I am Glad I did this run this year rather than last year as the color of their running tee this year is Black, Last year was red though....

Definitely be back in 2010, running about, just a matter of choice of whether to try the 15km instead...

No comments: