Friday, November 27, 2009

Penang Day 1 : Collecting the Running Tee....


The Purpose of this Trip was to travel up to Penang for my First Oversea Run, The Penang Bridge Marathon, I am doing the 21km as the 42km cut off time is too tough for me to meet...(6hrs). Woke up really early, like 4am to catch the Jetstar Flight @ 7.25am. Reach T1 to check in around 5.30am.
The Terminal is rather empty, typical for this kind of timing.....
Even tourist have yet to step in to Singapore yet..lol
The Morning can be tough to pass, especially with a "weird" friend who hardly talk in the morning due to it's morning mood.. I resort to taking "creative" shot to pass time..lol
Breakfast was settle quick @ Toast box.
Departure is @ D32
Our Jetstar Flight to Penang, 3K 673
The Flight Took off rather late(8am) due to the Engineer delivering the flight document late. It look like delay on budget airline are so common and they usually have 101 reasons to explain why they are late...lol
Flight was a short 1hr+. We brought a Cab to Queenbay mall for about RM$29. Tickets can be brought at the cab counter in the airport terminal itself. It a short distance from the Airport. I realize we are quite far from Georgetown.
I realize that I have to carry my luggage around till 11am before I can go back to the hotel, And The hotel don allow check-in until 2pm....think I am struck with this luggage at least till lunch time..lol
Lucky, Coffee bean is opened early..sat here to rest for a while till 11am.
The Site where the goodies bags are collected are still not setup fully. It is located just outside the mall....Took opportunity to take photos, at least showing I am going for this run..lol
The booth with people still setting up, getting for the first collection, which is us...lol. The Running tee Size "M" was so tight that I need to exchange it with the organiser. Sadly, I only manage to change it to "L" which IMO is still rather tight. No choice lo, Lucky I brought my own running attire..lol
This is the route which we will start...
This is the warm-up area....
ME in the running tee, nice color and design, but it's rather tight....My BIB no..18598...

Can't wait for the run on Sunday, but in the meantime, It's time to shop and walk around penang. That's our agenda for the weekend. Although I must say most are "chicken queen" agenda as those place I suggest it does sound keen. But since I am ok with the arrangement I thought it was ok to visit those places...for the sake of the "queen"'s blog...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my god! u are soooo into running!!!

Wipeout said...

I Love running...lol....mainly to keep fit la...