Friday, November 13, 2009

Nike Human Race - 10Km


It started last year as a theme run where " the Whole World Run on the same date" Nike Human Race has enter it's 2nd year running and once Again, Singapore has been selected as the only host city in South East Asia. I have wanted to run this race last year, but hesitate due to the date being close to my 21km run last year...this year date was perfect...thus I sign-up immediate once I got to know they are open for registration.
It's was in the papers that they reach a record 10,000 runners in just a week they launch the registration promotion...As the Run start @ about 7.30am, Got to leave the house @ 6am in order to be in time for bag deposit. This year lucky no : 6190, they used an RFID tag, which is becoming common in running events compare to the older chip.
The Starting point for the race is the F1 Pit Stop just beside the Singapore Flyer...
I was rather impress by the organise way they do their bag deposit...some of the run I been to, have very complicated bag deposit methods resulting in long wait time when retrieve our bags....
the area they allocate to put their bags is very spacious.
The band were already blasting their hard rocking music early in the morning @ 6+am. I must comment...it rather irritating to be near them....
They even have a booth setup for people who have yet to collect their Tee and bid, but they have to collect their before 6.15am....what a noble idea and that also what S'porean are famous for...(Me included..lol)
Just before the race...a snap shot...at the starting point....it was still relative early...as by the time we start the crowd has grew till we are at the Far end..of the booth
The Race started @ around 7.30am by the band which sounded off their music as a starting signal...(What a unique way to start). Overall, I really enjoy this run, though I didn't make record in term of speed but I am Improving...and I actually felt that the run was easy....I kinda mis-judge certain part, else I would have better my timing...A timing of ~68mins....which is about back to where I usually reach for a 10km....It look like I am Unable to clock my Best Timing for 10km this year....(64mins is the best I did this year)
There was quite alot of freebies, such as free banana, apples, breakfast set, which I manage to grab except for the breakfast set, I look around and wonder how these folk got their set...lol. A Happy me....after the race...with a funny finger signal....
Lot of youngster gathering up after their race...with their friend..I bet these are probably school organisation.
Their hair are too long for Army guys....and I heard the numbers of Girl out beat guys this year...the ladies are probably more health conscious.
There is still quite a number of runners still coming in by the time I am starting to exit the venue...it getting rather hot now that the sun is shinning high.
Left the venue, and head to Marina for breakfast @ Burger King...
We usually got our gifts after the run which are mostly medals, Nike gives us this, something in a yellow box
It's a Wrist Strap...
With Singapore imprinted...
Nothing impressive for this year goodies bag..consist of some bottle drinks such as 100Plus, and a Nike Water-bottle which I thought was worth it...since it cost ~S$10 for the bottle....and
This Year Official Running Tee, though still in Red...but the material is softer and thinner....I thought the colors were too bright for a normal run, I would prefer a running singlet which I saw quite a number of runner "modified" their running Tee to Singlet...cool...

No comments: