Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Devotion Sharing - God is for you. Not Against you.


As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”
13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lordwill bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
15 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.16 Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground. 17 I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go in after them. And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen. 18 The Egyptians will know that I am the Lord when I gain glory through Pharaoh, his chariots and his horsemen.”
19 Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel’s army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, 20 coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side; so neither went near the other all night long.

The whole verse talk about how the Israelite after being cornered by the Egyptian overcome by fear and they being to complaint.  They have the cloud as God Presence and yet they are still afraid. They have not put their trust on God Entirely to be still and let God.

Looking back in reality, how often I was like the Israelite  Often when troubles and trial came, All I did was to lament why I was being treated unfairly, why did the bad things happen, why did I do wrong to deserve, why was the relationship still not flowing. I totally left God's will out of the picture and only think of my situation. I really need the wisdom to be still and trust God is in control and I would not be short-change. He have been good to me in the past, leading me back to the path , he will be good to me now that I am near the path he wanted me to be at.

One of the danger I often related to being still and trust God is to wait and wait and donno what to do. I think after reading today's Verse,I found my answer to this. Trusting God involve actions, not just prayers. The idea is to try out the next step and let God be in control of the outcome of our faith. He will give us the green light or the Red light. It really take great faith to do this. At one side, it might seem like a lack of faith, but on the other, it might seem foolish to wait and not do anything.

I am brought up in the Singaporean society, that one must work hard, score the best results to be able to make it BIG in lives, The world proof my point accurately, all those who are happy and rich seem to be all those 1st class honors people, while those who aren't in that class ended up in mediocre career or lives....(with exception of the minority)

Trust in God cast out Fear, anything else, Fear overcome easily. Often I realise I use faith as an excuse to do nothing, and not that I don want to do, but I donno what to do. Faith is more than that, Now I know why Godly people excel, it is their Faith that make the differences, Faith is not about being unprepared or foolish, but it is being able to take up the challenge and let God be in control of the situation.

Maybe I should start reflecting on how to let go of situation in work or lives and let God be in control, I am to rise up to the challenge and give the control to God.

No comments: