Monday, June 25, 2012

God's Provision


21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, 22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.
23 The Egyptians pursued them, and all Pharaoh’s horses and chariots and horsemen followed them into the sea. 24 During the last watch of the night the Lord looked down from the pillar of fire and cloud at the Egyptian army and threw it into confusion. 25 He jammed[b] the wheels of their chariots so that they had difficulty driving. And the Egyptians said, “Let’s get away from the Israelites! TheLord is fighting for them against Egypt.”
26 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over the sea so that the waters may flow back over the Egyptians and their chariots and horsemen.” 27 Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and at daybreak the sea went back to its place. The Egyptians were fleeing toward[c] it, and the Lordswept them into the sea. 28 The water flowed back and covered the chariots and horsemen—the entire army of Pharaoh that had followed the Israelites into the sea. Not one of them survived.
29 But the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. 30 That day the Lord saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. 31 And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.

The Song of Moses and Miriam

15 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord:

“I will sing to the Lord,
for he is highly exalted.
Both horse and driver
he has hurled into the sea.
2 “The Lord is my strength and my defense[a];
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
3 The Lord is a warrior;
the Lord is his name.
4 Pharaoh’s chariots and his army
he has hurled into the sea.
The best of Pharaoh’s officers
are drowned in the Red Sea.[b]
5 The deep waters have covered them;
they sank to the depths like a stone.
6 Your right hand, Lord,
was majestic in power.
Your right hand, Lord,
shattered the enemy.
7 “In the greatness of your majesty
you threw down those who opposed you.
You unleashed your burning anger;
it consumed them like stubble.
8 By the blast of your nostrils
the waters piled up.
The surging waters stood up like a wall;
the deep waters congealed in the heart of the sea.
9 The enemy boasted,
‘I will pursue, I will overtake them.
I will divide the spoils;
I will gorge myself on them.
I will draw my sword
and my hand will destroy them.’
10 But you blew with your breath,
and the sea covered them.
They sank like lead
in the mighty waters.
11 Who among the gods
is like you, Lord?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?
12 “You stretch out your right hand,
and the earth swallows your enemies.
13 In your unfailing love you will lead
the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
to your holy dwelling.
14 The nations will hear and tremble;
anguish will grip the people of Philistia.
15 The chiefs of Edom will be terrified,
the leaders of Moab will be seized with trembling,
the people[c] of Canaan will melt away;
16 terror and dread will fall on them.
By the power of your arm
they will be as still as a stone—
until your people pass by, Lord,
until the people you bought[d] pass by.
17 You will bring them in and plant them
on the mountain of your inheritance—
the place, Lord, you made for your dwelling,
the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.
18 “The Lord reigns
for ever and ever.”

Large body of water in the bible often mean impending death, but God provided rescue always during these. It happen to the disciples on the boat, Jonah, Moses. It is said that the crossing of the Red Sea Equal to baptism for Israel. Baptism is a symblic of death, when we baptise with Christ, we associate with Jesus's suffering and out of it a new life in him. Jesus dies so that we also dies to our sin and the burial of our old life. The old ways have gone, and God is about to bring about a new way of living.

Have often been ask, why did I hesitate about my baptism. I donno, I use to think of it as if I repented completely all my sins, then I will be ready for Baptism, I seem to be totally wrong. Baptism is a commitment to repent and die to our old sinful self and start a new live in God, a life free of bondage and sin. After more than 15 years, I still have not make the decision. I realise I am having a wrong Concept. Baptism to in fact my way of showing Jesus I love him and for him to have come and dies for me so that I could have salvation, for him to provide a way to a life I never see, free from sin and bondage. It involve faith, the faith I have learn to lean on for the past 15 or more years. It is not about me being sinless...then I can be baptize  It is my way of showing love for God. To entrust to him my life that he will guide me along to his will for the rest of my life and look upon him always. It is a dedication of our lives to Christ, unified with him in death, burial and resurrection

Been prompted this question by Chingwah and Weehiang and even dear about it. Was actually thinking about June, but decided that it shall be in August so that my sister and family can attend my Baptism together. Though I wasn't really emotional or being spiritual about it yet. I just know it is about time I do this. What a good time to choose 2012, a Year I have seen much growth in God.

Another highlights from this chapter, is that God provided for his people, He is their strength and hope, What have God provided for me in my life? I can't say it is super extra-ordinary, Sometime I see nothing at all when I try to recalled in the moments, but after some deep thoughts I came to realise that he has been with me, standing beside me all this while without me knowing, he has make small adjustment, not big enough to be notice, but small enough to be felt, that over the course of my 15 or more years, from Poly, to Army, Till Sheffield, then STM and now Seagate,  I see him in all these stages in my life. What is he asking me to do? I believe he is calling me to draw near to him. Why? Every moment of encountered have been about God asking me to get back to Church, which finally he provided in the form of FCBC, coincidentally, this was the same church I visited since Poly. So I believe drawing closer to him will enable me to walk a life God have planned for me.

One thing God have kept in me all my life, my Salvation which I received when I was in Secondary 3, Though doubts and forgetfulness crept in, I never forgo my salvation. Thanks God for this wonderful gifts and as what Moses and Miriam did, they worship the lord after God rescue them. God delight in our worship. It matters to God and we are to have a heart of worship in response.

No comments: