Saturday, January 12, 2008

Looking back at my exciting 2007 - Part 1

We are already 20 days into 2008, not much have happen to my life yet, except for falling sick, I thought it would be great to review how much exciting 2007 was to me.(At the same time, share some great photos i have taken in 2007)


To start, I spend my New Year '07 in Bangkok, almost a year ago in 2006. Reports of a local political strike at the city center of bangkok on 31st Dec, the day me and my sis & her hubby are to return to Singapore that evening. We left our hotel at around 5.30pm.

Think we probably went past some "terrorist" who planted the bombs at the city shopping area. This shopping center, largest in Asia, just newly opened, heard the bombing happen quite near this place. At that time we are about to leave this place, all the organisers are busying setting up all the stages for the countdown event.

Here are some photos i have put up together which basically summarise the trip. Was sick during the 3rd day, down with Flu, that time, really make me know the wonders of "Cold Remedy", taking just 2 pills can recovered from running nose le. It really not good having flu and still have to walk the city in this kind of hot temperature (some 29C)

Only got to know there was a bombing in bangkok once i reach home, my dad was telling me of a terrorist attack at the city center. Thanks God i did not see anything though. But after Sep 11, every bombing really brought fear among alot of us, kind of think of it, we were actually very close to where these bombing happens.

Not a good start to 2007. But much more have happen later in 2007. Taiwan Trip in Mar'07, Can't wait to share the photos...and also describe the very "Funny" happening during the trip, FYI, I am going with "Emu", aka Cheefeng, till i find time to compile all the photos, until then, hope you all enjoy this summary.

No comments: