Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mission Accomplished -- 42Km Full Marathon

Finally completed the full marathon....to be honest, have really a short night sleep before the run. Have to get up at 4am to prepare for it....


Get my shirt...and tag in place...

The Race started at about 5.30am...lot of people....and lots of cheers also when the Kenyas...race themselves to East Coast Park while the rest of us are still running toward Shenton Way. Have to say they are really fast...


The route to East Coast Park is about 10km...took me more than 1 hrs to reach....but so far so good....running non-stop and noticing alot of folks..walking already...

Manage to last till about 21km before i starting walking..(at the end of East Coast Park after turning back)...

From then on ...it a walk a jog...kind of thing...which last me till 34km point...before I walk all the way back to the Esplanade. It was really hot then as it about 9.30am to 10am

Now I know why the Kenyas run so fast...by the time I reach my 30km mark...the sun is already shining...hot on us....and i could see huge amount of people walking...

I went for the photos-shots at the finishing line....(so that I would look cool)...Check out the photos.

I think this is the best shot....wonder what i am look at though?

Come-on.....few more meters...the guy in white is catchin up

Off to the finishing line...woo...

Was really tired...collect my medal

Most importantly my 42.195K shirt..and head home for a nap...sleep till evening....lucky I have a holiday to look forward to..

No comments: