Saturday, April 04, 2009

First Run - Suburban Run 10Km


My first run of the year and I decide to bring along my Camera to take some photos...likely will be doing so for future runs cos after running so "hard" got to take some photo as souvenir

The Run is located in the Suburban - Aka Sengkang...an "wo Lu" part of Sengkang actually. Got to catch a shuttle bus to reach there. Lucky me and "chicken" was early so can still afford to wait for the bus...which was quite crowded

Collected the race pack the week before....consist of a runner's singlet, by bodybods,,,quite comfortable actually...way better than the one from passionrun 2008.

Was actually quite surprise so many people are queuing up for bag deposit... I wasn't use to this idea as I did most of run by just bring my IPOD and an Ezlink card, Furthermore this happen so early in the morning....

The Flag off time is at 8am, they make it earlier by 30mins...which is a wise choice... would have like it to start at 730am though...the weather would have been cooler to run in then. The Flag off point is just below this block....pity those still sleeping that they have to endure the noise so early in the morning....lol

Milo trucks can be seen on the premise as they are also the sponsor of the event. 

Overall the run was quite good...everything start off "swee swee", though by the time of my return leg, the sun is already blazing hot...

Though I did not complete the run in under 60mins. I did manage a so-so 64mins instead....which I think is about the same of what I did @ passionrun 2008 last year. though that run was 1.5Km longer

The queue to collect our run medal and bags was horrifying...it took me like at least 1hr to collect it...this is the only complaint...

Overall, Was still a nice event. Can't wait to participate again in 2010

No comments: