Saturday, January 21, 2012

Be a Blessing to the Poor - A Cell Event!!!

Ever since last year, The Cell have started an act of putting God's Word into application. "Bless The Poor", A Theme my church stand by for a long time, with even a community Arm - Touch Community setup to be a blessing to the community.
As the Lunar New Year is approaching. WH and CW decided to visit Mr Lou, An elderly we visited last year as part of the Cell Activity to Be a blessing to the elderly.
Was tasked to buy a gift for Mr lou - The Gift - Hokkien Drama Serial. Din brought the latest serial as Hokkien Drama in Singapore are really hard to find - Especially the newer ones

Mr Lou's daughter and hubby with Waty was kind enough to host us for the night. I was never a talkative person. Do find it hard to maintain a conversation with Mr Lou. Luckily Dear is around, make the situation more relax and less tense. 

Think most of us were probably worry that Mr lou have problem understanding us and might not like such a big crowd. 
Mr lou hardly talk usually, He is already in his 90s (95 yrs old I think) He usually give us nods and sound to acknowledge our questions. Waty is extreme patience with us, help us interpret what Mr lou is trying to say most of the time. Had a group photo before we left. I sincerely pray that Mr Lou does enjoy our company at the house and hope that we have been a blessing to him.
Have a sudden Craving for Chicken rice at this hour!!! Decide to go with Dear the S11 beside AMK Hub for Chicken rice. Ordered Roasted Chicken instead of my Favorite "White" chicken which is the signature dish of the store there.
 
Really enjoyed the meal, very satifying. Dear din eat alot due to her "diet conditions"...lol. She kept comment that I have the Capacity to eat....I wonder how true is that statement. I choose to disagree, still find myself rather fat actually. (I meant certain portion of my body)
Went back to Dear place to get the ice-cream that she brought for me and the set of cups. Time flies, in a matter of hours, we will enter into Lunar New Year Eve.

Rina, Dear's Sister wanted to do the "midnight" shopping. The market have been on the midnight oil since a few days ago in anticipation of Lunar New Year Crowd. Though there wasn't much crowd @ the Serangoon North Area. I bet it should be super crowded @ Chinatown.

Brought all the greens, fish and meat needed for the next week as well as the steamboat dinner with for Dear's Family Reunion next sat, as the market will be close for at least the first 2 days of CNY

I kinda posted the above photo on FB to the amaze of Dear worrying that my mum will comment how come I go shopping with Dear and not my mum. How funny!!!.

No comments: