Friday, January 13, 2012

Resolution 2012 - Being healthy and Fit

This is a very competitive resolution as it involve targets in the form of figures. Unlike my financial goals, these goals can be met if the appropriate training and good time management is make. This is also the most enjoyable resolution as I personally enjoy keeping fit. It enhances health and in the longer term promote looking better and being more confident.

So here the resolution in details.

4x weekly gym (6pac workout)
Well, didn't want to spend too much time in the gym and not achieve any results in the long run. Wanted to be more productive. Subscribed to a "six packed workout technique" that promise to build an efficient body and in the longer term tone the body and build my desired 6-PAC. Now I have a training regime much like having a trainer to motivate me. 4 days is all it requires. So finger "x" and see if it works. Have try out the technique and it seem interesting.

2x 10km training runs
These run are there just to make sure when I train for long distance, it will not be a reset and start from shorter distance. I can just ramp up from 10k and above. It probably will help me achieve my below 60mins target.

2x 6km interval training
Interval training are known to burn more fat after the workout and also to improve speed. This is why it is here. I have been trying hard to include into my training but was never successfully
That is why, it part of my resolution.

2x monthly trail runs @ MR
In order to achieve this. I need to get myself a trail running shoes. 2x per month should be manageable.

3x swimming (1hr)
I was thinking in the line of 2x during the gym session , part of 4 gym session, and once during the weekend which might include sunbathing...Training up for my trialthon, which I dunno when I will participate. Just din have enough money to get a bike.

1x body combat weekly
Another add variety activities and to utilise my gym membership to the fullest. It will most likely be on a Monday.

1x body attack weekly
Have been to this class before but din have time to commit to it. This is the year I will try my best to make it regular.

1x body pump
One thing for sure, I need an intro class to this in order to start. Need to find out how to begin though. Looking from outside the class, it seems complicated

2x morning gym
Never fully achieve this throughout the years when gym become part of my lifestyle. Finding it hard to wake up early enough. 6am is the good time to go gym and still be in time for work. That is factoring in the travel time as well. The main solution here is to sleep early.

1x monthly new location run
Running can become boring if u keep to the same route over and over again. So I am thinking of spicing up the run route at least to make it interesting. Route that come to my mind - Henderson wave route, marina bay route, bedok reservoir route seem possible.

If I really achieved all the goals here, I will probably be a very fit person..wow

No comments: