Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Chinese Year - The Year of The Dragon

The First day on the Year of the Dragon was especially different. Lot of Funny events happen and they are rather 无聊 stuff. 

First of all, I have one of the "normal" session with dear on Visitation. Both our family culture are really different. Dear think it is normal for me and her to visit each other's family, while I think otherwise.

Then we have one of our uncle making a Family Gathering sounded so troublesome. More on this later.

Decided to just keep in within my family and her's as I would not have enough time to rush for both Family visitation. 
Dear came over to my place around 10am to 拜年 with my parents. Though my family haven't really awaken yet. Still manage to play with the little ones - Xuan who is all dress up in Red ready for visitation. Chinese New Year is one of the most busy and stressful time for Sis and bro-in-law. The number of family and the waiting they need to do.
Have a few fun shots before I go over to Dear's Place to 拜年.

Arrive at Dear Family in time for a short Lunch - Porridge!!!
Dear's sister started to arrive at noon for Lunch. The kids are so typically dressed in Red for the occasion.

Dear's Family never fail to amaze me. How timely they are and how anxious they can be at time. Total Contrast with my family who is more relax and tend to be more concern in getting prepared.

Dear Left to visit her relatives while I headed home for a short Lunch (Mum cooked). Have a little chat with her before setting off to my "Ma Ma" - aka granny Place.

She just moved into her new Apartment - Condo - Livia. It is really refreshing to visit a newly built condo in recently years. The only other condo I ever been to are Rio Vista and Quartz. Livia is one of the best I have seen. Went for a dip in the pool before Dear arrived later

Didn't know that dear is actually quite bad at locating places. Got moody because of this. Didn't really have dinner at Granny place as we have a Steamboat Dinner @ our uncle Place.

Took a few photos before we departed for Sengkang. Dear have a really good time with my granny. They kinda strike it off on the spot. Same Language and Dear is rather experience with Elderly. Make me wonder if we could be able to see her salvation. My Elder Uncle did try to persuade her to Church but to no results

Granny don like to take photos...u can tell from the look

We took Bus 109 back to SengKang for 2nd Uncle's Steamboat dinner. Come to talk about this. It is also rather funny how it goes from a gathering to just the 1 family coming over for Dinner. Kinda defeat the purpose of organising this event.

The main Objective is to mingle with family member once a year as that the only time my mum's sisters and brother can come together for Dinner. We already kinda meet less often with everyone busy with their own family and lives.

Anyway, Granny was rather moody about this. But for the love of Peace, we make ourselves available.

Though it is just a simple meal. The Atmosphere was rather weird.

As usual. Din like Steamboat, on the back of my mind, is to throw everything into the "boat"

But I must say Steamboat is always a healthier choice when it come to calories.

The dinner ended rather fast. As there is just us, the only family having Dinner with them, Didn't reallly stay for long. Our excuse is rather valid, got to catch a movie later @ AMK Hub. My elder Uncle and family did drop by later though we have already left.

The Show by Jay Chou and Xie Tingfeng. The other movie we watch other than 龙众舞. But I felt that this was the better show, but it was a rather violence show, lot of shooting and killing. Jay chou did a really good job here.

No comments: