Monday, January 23, 2012

Resolution 2012 - Getting gadgets

This is the only part of my resolution that does not need to achieve fully. Well if I really achieve all of it, it would either means I got a lot of money to spend or that I have over-spend and didn't save enough.

Entertainment(Gadgets, Games)
Playstation 3

Call this more of a want than a need. Been lamenting on getting one. But the constant config change to the hard disk and the higher price needed for the blu-ray player make me put off the plan for a while. Though I am still amaze by the multi functionality of the console and the beautiful graphics and game content on it. if only I got my LED TV in my room.

Garmin Forerunner 405Cx Watch

Thought this is the logical step toward improving my run timing. Pacing training is what make the speed difference. Currently I am unable to tell what pace I am at. So I think this will be a Need

27" LED monitor

A wide screen one if I can afford one, though my current 17" LCD monitor still works well. Definitely a Want. Just thinking which Brand to look for? A Samsung seem likely

GTX 550 Graphic Card

I suspect my old Nvidia GTX 7600GT is living out her final moments on PC from the constant flicker on my 17" screen. It's either the screen or the card. Definitely a Need

Nintendo Wii

It has been quite a while since I got another console. Since then, so many have came out. Among all the 3 Console, The Nintendo Wii has got to be the most unique and fun, though its' graphics is a little dated. But it is still worth looking at. With the Next Generation Wii - Call Wii U.....this could be the best time to get the Wii at a Bargain. Last I check, the street prices is about $320 with 2 games included.

Microsoft Xbox360 with Kinect
Another HD Console in the same line with the PlayStation3. The PlayStation have the Move, Xbox360 comes with a Remote Controller Free Detector which seem fun from all the commercials that were advertising for it. But it cost about $649 with Kinect and I doubt there will be games included. Though the games are definitely cheaper than the PlayStation 3. But isn't Really Keen on this but there are some games on it that is worth playing, like Halo, Gear of Wars. 

PlayStation Vita
I was once rather into hand-held gaming, would hand on to my PSP during my bus-ride and played my games to pass time on the bus. But got tired of it after a while, probably due to the troublesome idea of transferring games over to the memory card and the rather expensive UMD disk to begin with. This new PSP-Vita is a little different as the games media are either distributed electronically or through their specially make memory card. The only thing that might be of concern is the rather steep prices again for Sony Product.

Nintendo 3DS
I have a Nintendo DS Lite which was really fun to played on, but it was a rather "Girlish" Console. The main thing of not playing on it anymore is not because I got bored, but more of I kinda lost the Charger for the console and thus unable to play it anymore. The new 3DS is an interesting console as they claim to have 3D effects without the glasses, and is the cheaper option between the 2 hand-held console. But with the Iphone so popular and so convenient, These 2 Players are going to have a rather tough time trying to complete.

37" Full HD LED TV

My 29" CRT RIP last year, since then I have not been able to see my DVD or play games on my older PS2. Been wanting to buy a replacement set, a LED TV but the higher prices in the range of 1.5K. But was rather surprise that the prices of electronics can drop rather fast. It is now below 1K for a full HD set. Let's hope it drop a little more to make it more affordable

No comments: