Sunday, February 19, 2012

Safari Zoo Run - Love the 12km of it...though I was Alone

It was a rather early morning run, Why? was never a morning person, and run performance do show why, I did much better in a night race than one in the morning.

A run, 12km of it that starts in the morning at 7.30 make it possible to take the public transport to the venue. Where is the Venue ---> The Singapore Zoological Gardens!!!

The bus journey were filled with fellow runners, which I supposed are also in the 12km Category. Reached the gates just in time for me to do the bag deposit and proceed to the starting line.


Dear is suppose to run with me but she is at her moods again, which I don really know why? must be really wondering why I didn't spend enough time with her when my friend from HK were here and the insecurity of her's which I donno what also came back into her life again.


It didn't help, my blur friend, Alvin choose to pay $ to run 6km instead?

The Zoo and the Night Safari included is really not a good place to run, Roads are too narrow to accomodate such a large crowds of runners, though the water points are pretty ok, doing 2 6km loops in the Zoo is just too domoralising....but At Least the finisher medal is CUTE!!!


And the great part of it, after the run, I get to tour the Singapore Zoo FOC. Saw Mr Emu after the race, who was ever still so shy......walk off immediate to see his favourite animals...


I spend a little over an hour and a half walking around in the zoo while waiting for Alvin to finish his 6km run.


Everything is still nice and quiet as the day is still young and the Elephants still get to laze around...lol

The white Tigers exhibits is one of the highlights of the Zoo. I am lucky to be able to capture some good shots of it both with my S90 and 4S.

This is done with the S90, while the above shot was from the 4S. When it come to daytime, as long as the sun is shining bright, there is no reason for 4S to under-performed. The only time 4S is challenged is in odd lighting conditions. Hard to obtain a clear picture.

Forgotten what these are - I think it is a kind of pigs, don drill me on animals, I already have hard time trying to remember newly met friend's names.

Even the monkeys are relaxing and doing nothing much!!!

This shot seem very familiar to those from National Geographic Channel!!

Stopped by this rest area near the elephant exhibit and have a really long talk with Dear on her insecurities. I am pretty clueless about what this insecurity is all about. It not a girls things for sure, I do have mine insecurities, but compare to her, mine is negligible. We have this kind of talk for like I donno how many times already.....

Anyway, Alvin and his friend - Apple, finished their run and we have a quick breakfast before heading home. Got a Farewell Dinner with douglas and Karen later in the evening @ Melben!!! Burned off the morning Calories to make way for more this evening!!!

No comments: