Saturday, March 31, 2012

Playing Host to Douglas and Karen

Douglas and Karen Came down over to Singapore over the Chinese New Year Period. They use to come to Singapore quite regular, especially during the time when a couple of our friends are getting married.

The Meeting place was a rather good place to chill out, Em By the River @Gallery Hotel. Order some Drinks and snack. 

As usual, Dear was in a really "black" mood. All my Friend keep asking me why Dear was like this. I was like clueless...must be one of her super insecure days again..
 
As Dear was tired, She Left with Dorcas home while we (Daren, Ryan , Douglas, Karen) went on an island Search for Condo. Douglas and Karen are thinking of the possibility of staying in Singapore.

Went over to woodlands and Pasir Ris to take a look at the Condos. But with 40% downpayment needed for foreigner. We are talking about a 6 figure sum. 
Went over to Dempsey for Coffee. The Place - Jones the Grocer. Was quite a nice place with Cakes and Coffee for Order.

Ordered a Cup of Latte. And chat up away time on what is happening in our lives and those of Douglas and Karen, their new Marriage Life.
We Later went over to Balastier Road - Whampoa Keng Fish-Head Steamboat for Dinner.
Located @ Balastier Road. This is the Location of the Place. Can Bring Dear - The Food Critic to go Investigate their food.
Didn't know "Lau Yusheng" is not something very common in HongKong. Darren ordered a plate for our guests to experience....

It can get pretty messy after all the "lauing"...but it was fun, and I am sure Douglas and Karen enjoyed it.

Xiao Bai Cai.....

Some kind of Prawn Dumping call - "Hairzon"

This have got to be my Favourite - Butter Coated Prawn. Sinfullll

Tofu Tofu

One of the best Traditional Restaurant I have Tried so far.

I didn't join them for their evening Drinking session as I have to go to Church and also I got Safari Zoo Run the next morning. However, they will be having Dinner tomorrow Evening @ Melben.

Met up with th Gang on Sunday Evening, for a Feast @ Melben, Famous for their Crab Beehoon. Dorcas and Hubby, together with Junie and Eric + Rachel was here as well.

The Yummiest Crab-Beehoon I ever Tried!!! The Soup is amazing....

The Butter Crab Suited my taste as I didn't like spicy stuff expecially in a hot and sweaty weather like Singapore's.

We went back to Eric's Place for Some Drinking Session. Lucky Dear came up with a games that help me Reverse my winnings....much to the dislike of the Host and Company...lol.

No comments: