Monday, April 02, 2012

2XU Compression Run 2012

1st run in in April. This time round, running together with my Bro-in-law. The Distance, 15km. Think this is the 3rd time 2XU is organising this run. They did it in Sentosa, when they first started this race. They move it to The Flyer Last year. This Year the starting point is at Nicole Highway.

The flag off Time 7am. Took a ride from my Bro-in-Law at 6am and manage to reach the place early at 6.30am. Loads of Runners in their Blue Singlet and shorts are already at the Starting line.

And Yes. This year, though the race is more expensive, they come with a Singlet and Short.


The run take us toward indoor Stadium toward that Famous Condo by the Kallang River and back. The Return route actually goes into the PCN I use to run when I go to the City's FF Gym for a run.

My Target for the run was actually to finish it in 1hr 30mins. But Due to the lack of Training for any runs above 10km. Came in 5mins later at 1Hr35min. But It is still my Fastest 15km I ever it. Though I didn't Run 15km but 16km most of the time. Usually Clock 1hr 45min for 16km (10miles)


The Run is Scorching Hot by the time I came back, around 8.45am already. Wait for my Bro-in-law for a while who finish in around 1hr 45min.

The Winner Tentage ...for Winner to Receive their prices...only for Top 10 runners only


Some of the Sponsor - Singapore Cancer Society. Mmmm ..This is very important Information. My Mum got one of the Top Cancer for Women.

Pocari Sweat is this Year Official Isotonic drink for the Run. U can find loads of empty Bottle at the Stairway leading to the MRT. I wonder if this is in line with the "Saving the Earth" Campaign.

Rather surprise that they have Banana for a 15km run. Usually seen at Half Marathon and above

The Meeting place with my Bro-in-law and a Friend who is suppose to meet him. But in the End, he didn't come and meet us......;-(

As this Year, My Bag is in the Car with my bro-in-law. I didn't need to do a bag Desposit. But it was pretty well organise. At least there is not much Queue in collecting our bags

The Finisher Medal!!!

No comments: