Tuesday, May 15, 2012

10km Route to Keppel Island

Found a new running route along Keppel Bay. Have been hearing about this island, Keppel Island and wonder where it is. Decided to plan a 10km Route to the island and back to Fitness First MapleTree.
The run is toward Vivocity from ARC. Straight Route and turn into Carribean Condo toward Keppel Bay Bridge linking the island to the mainland
At your right is the beautiful 10M a piech Condo - Reflection @ Keppel Bay. It will be a dream come true if I could afford one of these unit here. Beautiful Seaview and perfect running route.
Keppel Island is just a bridge away. Opposite the bridge is the famous Prive Cafe, known for their breakfast sets. Have yet to really tried that. It look pretty posh for my level...lol
As usual, Keppel bay was relatively small. In fact there isn't much to see. It is just a park for people to walk around.
Though there are good seaview at the park and lot of people are actually running here. I took a u-turn here which is about 4km and headed back across the bridge.
In the process of getting back the bridge as seen here. I came across what most of the review and people tell me about. Lot of Richy rich people live here and own a yacht 
Wonder who these people are? Why are they that successful. Make me wonder If I will ever get to be like this. 
Took a turn toward Reflection@Keppel Bay. I am surprise it lead me toward Labrador park. It was about 7km when I reach the end of the Park. Didn't know the place where my company's event such as BBQ is so near to keppel island.

As it is getting rather dark, headed back to Reflection and turn back to Mapletree @ ARC. Total Distance Covered ~ 10km.

Indeed a very scenic route. I would mind doing this route again or even explore the other surrounding route. I heard the southern ridges are also near by....

No comments: