Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sundown Marathon - The year it pours in the Race



As usual, haven't got enough time to train for the Marathon. Am not expecting to Clock any PB here due to the lack of training. I would be glad if I can maintain it within the 5hr range.
Manage to Hitch a Free ride to the starting point as the 21km and 42km will be starting together...how timely. By the time we reached. The 10km have almost completed their runs.
Deposited my baggage and spend a good 15mins finding where they are. Lucky still in time to take some photo together.
 
Before going to the Starting point!!! All getting ready to score.

The starting point for the 21km and 42km are side by side. Expecting super jam later since so many of us are running.

Started the run and thought that the weather is super hot for night temperature. Spend the first 20km running terribly. Super lousy timing based on my Garmin. Definitely not expecting any PB now with 21km and 10km worst than last year.

What I entered ECP, small droplet, thunder and lightning can be seen along the MBS area. Was Thinking could it rain in the race. Sure enough, when I reach my 23km, it started to drizzle. 
By 25km It is pouring. I took shelter for a while as I am worry my Iphone will be drench. It happen to my 3GS, not even my 4S is affected. Decided to just get wet and continue the run. Iphone died after 25km. Total Silent from then on. I did received an SMS alerting us about the CAT1 Weather.

But Lucky for the rain. I did a much faster pace from then on. No need to put much Deep heat or water point drinking. Though my shoes are super wet and heavy

I manage to finished the Race in 5hr 41min. Just 6min shy of my PB, in fact this is my 2nd best timing. Very happy with the result actually.
Dear actually plan to support me at the finishing line with WY as Olsen is also running. But WY decided not to come due to the rain.
Thanks Dear for coming. Having a morning person GF have it's benefits. Someone here to take photo with and taken off...
Me with the medal  - A hard Earned one.
The Runner Tentage are filled with people. Wanted to take photos but since my camera is in my bag decided to go collect baggage. It quite a long walk and muddy all the way. In the End, ended up cannot take photos at the booth as it is closed. Really these booth catered to the sub 5 runners. I wonder I can ever do a Sub 5 here in Singapore. 
Starting to feel sleepy already..Ready need some coffee and food fast.
Left the place around 7+ via the Train to Serangoon NEX for breakfast.
After burning over 2000 Calories. I have alot of capacity to eat now. Dim Sum Breakfast @ Food Republic. Thanks Dear for the Treat and helping to buy...Leg painful from the 5hr of run.
Perk up with Coffee...but no use....sleepy...and need to go to bed liao. 

No comments: