Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Running Shoes!!

As you all know, I am a Running Fanatic, If there is any thing I did to the extreme, It has to be running. Gym is probably the 2nd most probably culprit.

Took up running when I joined Seagate, Influence by a few of my collegues, who are also fanatics. In Fact, I was rather surprise by the amount of buddies I can find to do a run with me almost everyday of the week.

I started picking running when I joined Fitness First more than 5 years ago, back then, I usually do a daily 30min Treadmill run whenever I visit the gym. The results was amazing, I lost almost 5kg in 3month doing this.

When I was at Seagate, My colleagues got me hook on Road Running, It become such an exciting activities, when I started joining them in 10km, 21km and 42km run.

Ever since then, I have told myself, I will run till I can never run again....have joined over countless of 10km, 21km and 42km races, you name it, I did it before. Though the result was nothing to shout about. The Last I counted, 10km - 59mins, 21km - 2hr 14min, 42km - 5hr 34min.

Over the course of my running career, I have had countless number of shoes as well. The most loved have to be the ASIC Kayano 14. Accompany on my runs for over 4 years, in which I think I did two 42km in it, more then 10 - 10km runs in it, all my training runs.....This shoes is super worn out by then. It was also my most expensive shoe, cost me $200 back then, It was also the highest end - Stability shoe ASIC offered.

Ever since then, I have wore out a couple of shoes, Mainly from New Balance, I have NB1223, NB1225, infact I have 2 different colors of NB1225. Red and Green, all brought at just $90 during the yearly New Balance Sale. The Red one is Dying Soon and will probably end up throwing it away at next year Men's Health Urbanalthon 2013.
This was a Recently catch looking at how new this shoe is. Can't believe I actually brought the same model back,just a different color.

If u ask me if there is any difference between NB and ASIC shoes, it has got to be their weight and prices. NB shoes are cheaper (Even their high end models), they are always yearly sales, but theyare always heavier and "Harder". They have a thicker Sole. ASIC on the other hand is lighter and much more expensive but they are more comfortable to wear.
I brought this Shoe, ASIC Gel 3030 during my Company Sport Bazaar. Cost me only $120. Very good buy consider this shoe is almost $186 on the market.
I recently explore another type of running shoe, from Newton, famed for their Front Foot Running method. 
Their Shoes have this Stripes of thick Rubber soles that is suppose to aid or promote Front foot Running. I brought their Trail Shoe version fro $109. Not a Fantastic Colour I would like to have, was actually choose between this model and ISSAC Newton, but Choose this due to the Former don have my size.

I use my SAF Credits (Due to my Reservist) to get the SAF ASIC shoes. I must say this shoe though is not as good as the "open Market" ASIC Shoes on offer. But at only $45. It is Dirt Cheap and can be use as a everyday running shoes, plus it give really good cushioning, though it is prone to getting dirty as it get harder to stay "White" as u run more in it.

I Really love looking at running shoes now. The super bright colors are not what interest me, in fact I actually prefer shoes that are more contrasting than bright. I am also facinate by the technonlogy of each brands...like ASIC how Reliablie they are, NB are everywhere in most of the running events, how Newton spring out from all the older brother to be such a niche brand. Another Category - Minalist and Barefoot are something I have yet to try. ON shoes are also amazingly comfortable. 

Having mentioned so many brands, what deter me from investing - COST. Most of the shoes I wanted to try cost North of $200. Not a wise way to spend my tiny pay on these days...

No comments: