Monday, April 23, 2012

NTUC Run 350 2012

April is a month I have 3 Run events. The First being 2XU, 15km which I manage to achieve a personal Best of 1hr 35mins. I can't say the same for this Run though. Haven't been training consistently for the run and it is a longer distance, 21km, I will be super happy If I manage not to "deproved"
 
Got on a Cab Early and reach the area on time, 5.30am...I think I am over 30mins before the starting time. Went for my bag deposit Station to put my bags. Bag deposit was smooth and fast, actually not alot of people at the Queue.

Though it is always at your own risk to put bags @ the Bag Deposit Station. I didn't experience any mishap in my running career so far. Finger "X"

The Venue just opposite the MBS. The Floating Platform is the starting or Flag off area. It is pretty late timing to start off a 21km. 6am.

The starting line already filled with runners waiting to cross the starting line. Met up with LC and KS gang, all faster runners than me....so not expecting to wait for me though. But Heard they are meeting up with Jenny later in the morning.

They Flag off in stages and I am in the later stage as well as I am not expected to complete the run in Personal Best time...lol...Stand way to the back of the crowd...

Finishes the run, in 2hrs 30mins. Nothing to shout about performance, consider I only Train so much for this run. But super far from my PB of 2hr 14min.

The next 2hrs was spend waiting to collect our Bag. Something went wrong that the helper cannot located most of the runners' bags...I have to go to one side to urge the helper to hurry up. Super bad Bag management. I hope they will improve next year. They should learn from the Yellow Ribbon Run which have bags delivered on time no delays.

Alvin was suppose to run the 10km run and meet up with me for Breakfast, but in the end, he didn't turn up.....but at least he promise to treat drinks. It was already 11am by the time I was done with the baggage. A good old 2 hrs waits.

After having a drink with Alvin @ Marina Square, headed back to his place for my Favorite , Avocado Drink @ Alexandra Village.
Can't Believe I have 2 cups of this drink at one go!!! The Special thing about this Drink. It is Dark Green in color and have a very special taste (Sweet) to it. It is a very different taste from those sold in other places, even the Indonesian Restaurants
This year Run Edition Running Tee are sporsor by Newton. Finally they got a "Branded" company to made their running attire. Not to say it is the nicest of running tees...(Actually they don look good at all...lol)
But At least the medal still look decent!!!...my saving grace for running this event...Will I be back next year. As a side-note, I might seat this one out......lol. Time to build more toned body first...

No comments: